About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My van and I in a Deer and car crash

My 2005 Dodge Caravan after striking a deer last night.  photo by Gary Walts

Last night a couple miles away from home I hit a deer. It was on RT 12E between Chaumont and Limerick.
It's possible that I may have not struck the creature if I did not hit the brakes. I nailed it in it's right front shoulder area. The impact was followed by the sound of all the shattered pieces being scattered across the pavement. I went back this morning and could not locate the deer. I figured it survived but I imagine it has some broken bones. It probably ran off into the brush and still may not survive. Who knows?  The damaged van parts were glass and plastic which shattered into small pieces. The way they were scattered made it difficult to locate exactly where the accident happened.

My 2005 Dodge Caravan after striking a deer last night.  photo by Gary Walts

Deer fur/hair in the wheel cover of  my 2005 Dodge Caravan after striking a deer last night.  photo by Gary Walts

Pieces of my van I picked up after crashing into a deer. The front end basically shattered into hundreds of small pieces scattered about  so as to be almost not visible whikle driving down the road.  Gary Walts photo

Right about here on RT 12E is where I hit the deer. This view is looking toward Limerick. I was driving the opposite way, headed toward Chaumont. Gary walts photo.
 Lat week I had a Deer tick attached to my neck which caused me to go to Urgent Care and get treatment to prevent Lyme Disease. Now I crashed into a deer and must get my van repaired. A couple years ago the deer ruining my garden caused me to fence in the back yard. I am not really that fond of these wild creatures. They are a nuisance.

1 comment:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts