About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rudyard Kipling Quote and an orange chamelian?


Here is a great quote I stumbled upon by Rudyard Kipling:

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”    Rudyard Kipling


I spotted this critter in the woods in Tully NY while I was photographing Llamas and hikers for the Syracuse Media Group.   photo by Gary Walts


I was photographing a couple hiking through the wood with their Llamas when I came upon this orange chamelian. Or is it a lizard, or a newt? I really don't know what it is. This is the first time I ever saw one this color. All of the others in this part of the World have been brown to black in color. Usually I only see them when over turning rocks or logs. This gut was sitting just as you see him in the photo. He is very tiny, about 2 inches in length. I did not have a macro lens so what you see here is man extreme crop from the original. Imagine how spectacular it would have been if properly shot with a macro lens.

Today I took my mother to the bank and to the county office building to pay her property taxes. The tax bill was $2,235.00 and change. 
Then I had guitar lessons. 
Then I came home finished editing some wedding photos, burned them to a CD and printed the CD. 
Now I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts