About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pictures of Thomas Jefferson's Home, Monticello

Today, April 13th, is Thomas Jefferson's birthday.  I took these pictures of his home, Monticello, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, two weeks ago. It was a beautiful April morning.  
This is a building in the gardens at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home. 

Front viw of Thomas Jefferson's home. There wer a lot of tourists here so I had to use some Photoshop magic to get this view with no one in it. 

Back view of Monticello.

View of the kitchen which is located on the ground level in one of the wings.
The gardens at Monticello in April.

The beer cellar at Thomas Jefferson's home. I doubt that these barrels are original.

Statue of Thomas Jefferson at Monticello.

The visitors center at Monticello.

Another view of the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts