About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, March 27, 2013

E.E. Cummings Poem

Close up detail of a melting snow bank in Pulaski, N.Y.      photo by Gary Walts


in Just-
spring          when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles          far          and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring...
E.E. Cummings

Since I was a child I have been intrigued by melting snow banks. I would look at the little streams of water running down the road from beneath them.  I noticed how the snow morphed into craggy ice crystals.  I would take in the formations of mud that appeared from the dirt once hidden in the snow. They are like mini glaciers. They say that the rocks and boulders strewn through the landscape were deposited by glaciers. But I 've often wondered how the rocks and boulders became embedded within the ice. I have not researched it, but have surmised that they were from meteor showers pummeling the Earth eons ago. 
So I just got into my car after pumping gas in Pulaski, N.Y. when I spotted the melting snowbank. So I made a photo of it. It is a scene that always takes me back to my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts