About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, March 15, 2013

A Bit Of Landscaping

Hello everyone out there. I have been busy lately, could have written about many things, but life is complicated and I get tired. This landscaping  photo I snapped this afternoon at a church in Syracuse.  It's not great, but somehow the shapes, the little patch of snow said something to me. Spring is on it's way, but temperatures at home lately have been hovering around 20 degrees.

A week or so ago I played a 2 hour gig at Cafe Mira in Adams, NY. That went particularly well. I was well practiced for one thing, and for another, the LR Baggs pre-amp that I recently purchased worked like a charm to tame and fine tune my overall sound.

I also just replaced a sway bar link on my 2002 Dodge caravan. That should have been simple, but turned out to be a bit problematic. Maybe I can go into that another day. We also just purchased a used, 2011 Kia Sadona mini van for the Better Half. We plan on driving that to Florida in the first week of  April. We will be spending a week with her sisters in Key West.  I'm looking forward to that.

So, that's the latest from the North Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts