About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, February 21, 2013

World's Largest Snowman

This giant snowman is possibly the largest one in the World. It is located at a farm on NYS Route 126 in Champion, between Watertown and Carthage NY.   

I snapped these photos earlier this Winter. We have since had a couple of thaws and I am not sure just what condition it is in today. Otherwise, it remains a somewhat typical February up here in the North Country. It has been clod and clear. My wood pile is on the wane and we have ordered more home heating oil for our apartment house on Clay St, Watertown.  Today's price is $3.89 a gallon. What an outrage. Gasoline has gone over $4 a gallon. It is $4.04 here in Chaumont. What can the increase be from? There has not been any oil related crisis' in the news lately. I suspect oil is rising because the dollar is weakening. The Fed has been printing money which would weaken the dollar which in turn raises the price of oil. Oil goes down when the dollar is strong.

1 comment:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts