About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why Did President Obama Lie About The Benghazi Attack?


It was a lovely day here in Chaumont, NY today. However, I spent most of it taking care of paper work type of things. I should have have gotten outside to take care of some yard work.


Here is something I do not understand. Why did President Obama keep publicly blaming the attack on the embassy in Benghazi, Libya as a spontaneous reaction to a video that was anti-Islam after it was clear that it was not the case.? By the time he went before the United Nations and spoke about the video being the cause of the uprising it was allready clear, world wide, that it was not so. It was a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11. Why did he and his administration continue to say otherwise? What was there to gain from that?  He has recently been criticized for not attending his daily security briefings. Evidently the White House log reveals he has attended only 40% of those briefings. Maybe he missed some important stuff and did not want to get caught with egg on his face. However,  history shows that it is worse to try to cover up something than to just fess up and admit, "Hey, we screwed up." He is only a human being.

Obama is a gifted speaker and can deliver a sales pitch like no other. But, after he closes the sale he does not deliver the goods. That is my impression. Four years ago he ran against Sen. John McCain. It was no contest. McCain was a lackluster, uninspiring candidate. I know many republicans that were impressed by Obama, as was I, an independent. He sounded good. We went for it and ultimately we were let down. 



The photo for today is one of my father, Aubrey Guy Walts. It was taken by one of my cousins or aunts. He is playing my guitar at his home in Calcium, NY. My father was a troubled man who took his own life when he was 56 years old. Suicide is not an easy subject to talk about. There is a social stigma attached to it. If anyone close to you has committed suicide please know that you are not alone. Many people, myself included, know how difficult it is to live with. It can take years to come to terms with it. I found the best thing for me was to tell my story about my Dad. It set me free. However, I must tell you that I kept it locked up in my own head for ten years before I finally told my tale. I wish you all of the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts