About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, October 4, 2012

Obama Romney Presidential Debate

So last night the Better Half and I watched the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney. By all accounts Romney came out on top. The Better Half really likes Obama and she was disappointed in how he handled himself. But it is no wonder. Obama won people over with his articulateness, creating an illusion that he was an intellectual, thoughtful person. But that is because he always uses a teleprompter to read a script. He simply cannot speak extemporaneously. I believe he has not taken his presidency seriously and also has an unrealistic view of himself. The media has praised him to the point he believes he is greater and more effective than he is. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. For having done what? That was a hollow gesture that also fueled his misconception of his greatness. He has been a charade and the debate exposed just how normal and human he is. Take away pre-written material and the teleprompter and there's just a man who is of average eloquence. There are many more trappings that the real Obama is hiding behind and eventually, as more of those trappings fall away, the real man that is our president will surface. That will dismay many people. One cannot carry on such a pretense forever.
The photo presented here is of my grandfather, Guy Walts. It was taken when he was in the Army. He is the man on the left. I have no idea who the other people are. I am most curious as to who the young boy is at lower right. I believe my grandfather was a Corporal in World War I. I must learn more about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts