About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Saturday Snap Shots

I am a chronic snap shooter. When something catches my eye I often just make a quick snap of it just to see how it looks photographed. In this digital age I can judge right away if the subject warrants more of my time. I then go about working the subject. That is, photographing it from various angles, adjusting the composition by changing lenses and that sort of thing. The following pictures were all made on the same day.

It was Saturday morning and I was sitting in a Watertown NY parking lot waiting for the music store to open. I saw blossom on a tree. Then I noticed the green trees and buildings in the distance. It was raining. I lowered the drivers side window and made those two snaps.




The music store I was waiting for to open is Musicology. I teach there on Saturdays. So, after snapping the above two photos I started looking at a music book that I had with me. The book is a collection of guitar etudes written by Mauro Giuliani. For what ever reason, I cannot analyze it, my eye was attracted to the dimples where the last page of the book meets the cover. So I photographed it. Notice how you can faintly see the music notes through the back of the page. I actually like this photo:



Later that day I get home and a cheese cake that the Better Half made was sitting on the kitchen table. Again, it looked to my eye like it needed to be photographed. So I did. Then it got eaten. It really was a lovely Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts