About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Last Day Of The Year

It is 9:40am here in Chaumont, NY on the last day of 2011. I got out of bed at 6:45. Guitar practice from 7:00 TO 9:00. Just made some breakfast: Scrambled eggs with fried peppers, onions & hot Italian sausage. I'm eating that while I type this blog entry.


This past Wednesday I awoke to a flat tire on the Better Half's van. There was a screw stuck in the tread. I took the tire off, went to Russel's Garage in Watertown and had the tire repaired for $10.00. On Friday I had to drop my van off at All Good Auto in Brownville to have a front wheel bearing replaced. So I used the Better Half's van for my jobs. I was driving to Baldwinsville to photograph some teen age movie makers when a tire blew out. I was on Interstate Rt 81 just at the Mattydale exit when the tire blew. I get out to investigate it and discover it was the tire I just had repaired. The side wall of it split, or tore, vertically. I have no idea what could have happened. I don't think it's possible it could be related to the screw and the repair from a couple days before. Anyhow, the photo above I snapped of the flat tire while waiting for AAA to arrive and tow me to a tire store.

I may add more to this blog today, but if not, I want to wish you all a Happy New year.

2 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts