About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Photographing Basketball With Nikon D7000

Last Friday I photographed high school basketball. Last night I photographed high school basketball. Tonight I am photographing high school basketball. It is probably the single most thing that I dislike to photograph. But what is one to do? One must pay the bills, so you photograph what The Man wants photographed and you takes your pay.
I've been using a Nikon D7000 camera for these ganes. I'm not so sure it's the best choice. I will use it again tonight to see how it goes.

Once again the Better Half and I are at odds with one another. 'Tis the season to be merry.

The transmission bit the dust on my 2002 Dodge Caravan. Repair bill will be around the $1,500.00 mark. That's a nice thing to buy myself for Christmas.

When will I ever get to buy a new guitar?

I do not have time to post a photograph at this moment in time.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a D7000 for basketball....I used my 7 year-old D70 last week and got some awesome shots baseline using a 50mm f/1.8. yea, 1600 ISO on a D70 is pretty grainy. Set your D7000 to Auto ISO max 6400, min shutter at 1/400 and shoot away at wide open or one stop slower. D7000 is pretty good at auto WB too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and set it on Aperature Priority so you are only adjusting that depending on the Depth of Field you want for your shot. Your shutter will not drop below what you set in the auto ISO menu. If it works, save all the settings to U1 or U2 and don't worry again! (until you go to a gym with different lighting! Ugghh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had really good luck lighting the game with 2 Nikon flashes. I hope to put a couple photos up here with explanation of how I set up the flash units.

    ReplyDelete

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts