About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I Did Today

My 78 year old mother reads a card made by one of her grand children as she recuperates in hospital.
Today is day 368 of this blog. I figured after one year I would quit putting the number in the title. We will see.
So I got up at 7:00AM. Got the wood fire going in the stove, started up the coffee and went to my guitar where I got in less than an hour of practice. It is a Saturday with no wedding to photogrpah, but I had two guitar lessons scheduled. One at 11:00 and one at Noon. I charge them each $25.00  for the hour. The music store, Musicology, gets a cut of that. ($1.50 per head). Well, before the lessons my celebrity brother needed a lift to the car rental agency, He wanted to be there by 10:00. So I drove him there. Then I went to the Samaritan Hospital in Watertown to visit my mother. She was taken there this past Monday night at midnight.

Cast iron drain pipe I busted out with hammer.
I do my guitar lessons and then go to my apartment house on Clay Street where I have a vacant unit that really needs some bathroom improvements. I spent some time there working on that. I also visited my son who lives just a few blocks away  to borrow his sledge hammer. You see, I absent mindedly left mine at home, 12 miles way. I needed one to finish removing the old cast iron drain pipe that fed the upper bathroom to the city sewer system. Cast iron is brittle and it only takes a whack or two with a 12 pound sledge hammer to break it apart and make the removal manageable. It will be replaced with CPV plastic drain pipe. (Which I will install).

More demolition and old drain removal
in apartment my Clay St apartment 3.
After that was accomplished my celeb bro & I checked in at our Mother's house, made sure everything was OK, got her mail, and the like. Then it was back to the apartment for some more puttering around. As long as the bathtub, sink & toilet are removed from the bathroom I am going to install a new floor. So I cut some plywood for sub-flooring. After that I decided enough was enough and headed home. Got there at 7:00pm. I proceeded to feed myself. I was starving. Got showered up. My Sweet Heart gets  home around 10:00. We watch a little TV, I drink some nice Merlot. She heads upstairs to bed, I pop a photo up on FaceBook, write this blog entry, and call it a day. As I wrap this up it is closing in on midnight.

My family is large. My life is full. My job is incredible, My love is photography, My passion is music, my friends are as varied as my interests. For all of it's ups & downs, I so much love my life. I thank Thee Lord, I thank Thee.  And World, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts