About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Year Ago My Blog Began

One year ago today I started this blog. I wasn't sure what I would do with it or how it would eveolve. I was optomistic that I could post something every day. Well, turns out I couldn't. Or, I didn't. I put up 271 posts. What has happened is that other more pressing matters get in the way. Even now as I write this I have other matters that I should be focusing on. I need to get a hair cut. I need to visit my mothyer in the hospital, especially since she may be going home today. I have a vacant apartment that I need to work on. I have the bathroom tore up and am in the midddle of replacing the toilet & drain. This afternoon I have some guitar lessons. This day is absolutely full.

So,  a year later I am still hustling, trying to line up freelance photo work and music gigs.

It was a mere 2 degrees this morning in Chaumont, NY.

I need to bring wood in for the stove, then I'll probably skip the haircut, go visit my mother, put a couple hours in at the apartment, teach guitar, be back home around 7:00pm.




It appears my mother will remain in the hospital for another day or two. She is weak, unable to walk about without assistance. She is 78 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts