About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Liz Taylor Died Today

So Elizabeth Taylor died at age 79. My favorite movie of hers was one she wasn't in: Night of the Iguana. I've only seen the film once and it starred Richard Burton. A great film. I've been meaning to buy a copy for my collection and to view it a couple more times. I associate Richard Burton with her so much that I actually had a false memory that she was in the film with him. Funny how memory plays tricks on us. Hmm...
Liz taylor, photo NOT by Gary Walts


I love this quote:
When people say, 'She's got everything', I've got one answer - I haven't had tomorrow.



Elizabeth Taylor




I'd love to give somebody credit for this photo of her, but I don't know who took it it. I found it splashing around on FaceBook. I'll credit myself for the time being.






Now for me. I'm so busy I can't get anything done. Or, put another way, I'm so busy I don't have time to do anything. What I really want is a good beer or a nice, fat glass of red wine. But, I GAVE IT ALL UP FOR LENT! What in the World could a Sinner like me have been thinking? Lent is only forty days, how hard could it be? But, in that time the World could be inundated with water (remember Noah & the Flood?) and nary a drop of beer or wine would there be should I not be one of those drowned.

It's after 10:00pm, I am going to go play a little guitar.  I have a list a mile long that needs attention tomorrow, but some can be brushed off a while, others are more pressing. Like the fuel oil bill for my apartment house. It is dangerously low and my tenants have the heat included with their rent. It is currently $3.99 a gallon, which is horrible. Last year I paid $3.49 a gallon. The year before that it was hovering around $2.00 - 2.50 a gallon. Time to raise the rents I guess.  I have to pay the past due ammount and buy some more TOMORROW. Liz taylor hasn't had a tomorrow. I have them every day and a lot of them suck. Well, the ones that make me pay the oil companies do. Gas at $3.69 a gallon. I've spent a $100.00 on gas in two days, driving all over the place for USA Today and the Post-Standard. 
What kills me are the people that say "Well, gas is still cheaper than a gallon of milk." How would they feel if they were drinking 15 gallons of milk a day just to be able to do their job? The farmer's must be getting rich. The oil companies should buy up the farms and make even more $$$  .....  I don't know. The guitar is what keeps me sane. It's a therapy. It's a challenge. There are some things about it I want to master, the biggest of them being my insecurity playing for people. It's gotten a lot better. I used to shake with fear at performing. Now I can't get enough of it, but when I do perform, I'm never satisfied with how it goes. There's something to it that I need to master, and I suppose it's about ME being in control of MYSELF. I think. I'll know it when I finally get there.
Enough ramble.
Good night.
Gary Walts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts