About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, October 2, 2015

kremona ng-1 classical/flamenco acoustic guitar pickup

The Kremona ng-1 classical guitar pick up tied to the bridge of my 1984 Guild Mark V classical guitar


I recently used the kremona ng-1 classical/flamenco acoustic guitar pickup at a gig. It was a couple nights ago.  I played guitar at the Jefferson County Historical Society's Paddock Mansion in Watertown, NY. It was a reception for the organization's new director. The event went well. I used my Guild Mark V guitar with a Kremona pick up that is tied to the guitar bridge by the guitar strings. That was plugged into my Fishman SoloAmp 220 sound system. Oh, I also used an LR Baggs pre-amp. It is a great combination. The pick up is very responsive and with the pre amp one can get tremendous volume. The music went well,

The Kremona ng-1 classical guitar pick up tied to the bridge of my 1984 Guild Mark V classical guitar. This is the 1/8th inch jack input. The other end of the cable is a standard size 1/4 inch input. 
The Kremona ng-1 classical guitar pick up ready to be tied to the bridge of my 1984 Guild Mark V classical guitar

I bought this pick up from Sweetwater music store's online store, sweetwater.com I think I paid $69.00 which included free shipping via the US Post Office. It arrived quickly, within about 3 days. The people at Sweetwater called me up and let me know the item was shipped. When I opened the package there was a bag of candy in there as well as the Kremona! Cool! I give Sweetwater at least a 4 star rating. I encourage anyone out there to visit them online and place your order.
The pick up itself is outstanding. It does not interfere with your guitars tuning or intonation either. I would say it's akin to an under the saddle type of pick up. Th great beauty of it is that you need not drill any holes in your instrument or modify it in any way.

2 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts