About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, February 9, 2014

Crow on a snowbank and car trouble




I am sitting in the Wal-Mart parking lot and spot this crown on a snowbank.   Snap, snap.   photo by Gary Walts


It was one degree here this morning. Yesterday we had more snow. I also had a guitar gig at the library in Alexandria Bay as part of their Art in Winter event. I pulled out of my driveway and got one block and the van was making an odd noise. I get out and discover a rear flat tire. It must have gone flat over night. Then I look at the other rear wheel and it appears to be at an odd angle to the van. It is cocked outward at the bottom. Something is clearly wrong. The night before that I was driving home from Syracuse and the van was going down the road in a peculiar fashion. It would swerve oddly when I turned the wheel. It's hard for me to describe, just that something was not right with it. Now it's obvious to me that something is wrong with the rear suspension. Now I'll have to remove the rear wheels and take them into town for new tires. I'll inspect the rear suspension and hopefully it will not be something impossible or expensive to repair.

I had plans to drive to Philadelphia, PA today to visit my niece and her family. While there I was planning on visiting the Classical Guitar Store I am more than ready to buy a new guitar and they have a great selection. However, I now plan to go there in April nd be there for Thomas Jefferson's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts