About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Asasination of Jesse James and other things

I am finishing up the day at 11:15 pm watching the move The Asasination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford. I am watching it on the Sundance channel. It is an excellent movie, very moody, beautiful cinematography, great cting by Brad Pit as Jesse James. Earlier today it was sunny and about 60 degrees. Fantastic weather. I had guitar lessons at Musicology in Watertown. The young violinist in the family also comes in for a music lesson. He is progessing right along. Developing quite good sight reading skill. Mostly today we concentrated on rhythm using a metronome and working on a section of a piece for his music class at school. After his lesson he stepped outside the store and try busking for tips, played for about an hour.
60 degrees in northern NY today was perfect for The Violinist to perform outside Musicology in Watertown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts