About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Make Pickled Eggs

Fresh eggs from step daughter B's chickens. Some of the eggs in the photo have a bluish tinge, that is from the light and the iPhone camera. They are actually all of a brown hue.
Pickled eggs ready for the fridge. Can't wait to try them in a few days.
I made some pickled eggs this morning before going off to do guitar lessons. My step daughter B, The Pharmacist, got some chickens earlier this year and they have recently begun laying eggs. So I got a couple dozen from her, nice and fresh. I boiled the eggs for 11 minutes. Shelled them and placed them in jars, packing them alternately with sliced onions and slices of a large Jalapeno pepper. The brine is 1 & 1/2 cups of water, 3 cups of vinegar, 4 teaspoons of salt, 3 teaspoons of dried Dill, 3 teaspoons of whole Mustard seed, about 6 garlic cloves cut in half, 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper, all placed in a pot and boiled for a few minutes. I then ladled it into the two jars of eggs. I will let them stay in the refrigerator for 3 days before I try them. A week or so will probably make them even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts