About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, September 20, 2013

Electric Heliotrope Theater light show



Tonight I photographed a cool art project presented at Jazz Central on East Washington Street here in Syracuse. Essential there are motion sensors "read" your movements and translate them into an endless array of light patterns. It is most spectacular. This is one of those cool things I get exposed to via my job that I probably would not check out on my own. I am not sure how long this will be at Jazz Central, but while it is there you can walk in and move about the screen and create your own personal light show. Jazz Central is located at 441 E. Washington St., Syracuse. Their number is 315-479-5299

You can see more <a href="http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/09/crave_festivals_the_electric_h.html">photos here.</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts