About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cazenovia high school football practice

I spent a part of the afternoon photographing high school football practice in Cazenovia, NY. These two photos were from that.
These football photos were taken Tuesday September 3rd. Yesterday, the 5th I attended a funeral for Doug Wood, musician in Watertown, NY. Doug died at home. He had health problems related to drinking. He was 57 years old. Doug leaves behind a wife and two sons. Doug was well known in the community, an excellent musician, played piano, guitar, and oboe. He taught music and was the organist at St. Anthony's church for more than 20 years. I met Doug around 1980. He and Ron Sacci founded Black River Music store. I met them both when I went there to take guitar lessons. We became friends and eventually I started teaching guitar there. Doug was always even tempered and never seemed to get rattled. He was always ready to lend a hand. When one of his sons became bed ridden with serious medical issues Doug became his full time care giver. So we gathered yesterday and paid our last respects.

3 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts