About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, November 22, 2012

No Nativity Scenes For Santa Monica

About three years ago an atheist named Damon Vix began a campaign to eliminate Christmas nativity scenes in Santa Monica. He has finally succeeded. The link will take you to a news story about it;
http://www.startribune.com/nation/180078401.html?refer=y
I found Damon Vix on Face Book. If you are a Face Book member you can send him a message.  Just type in his name in the people search. He is the one from Burbank.  I did just that.
 I went to his Face Book page ( he has 114 friends) and sent him a simple message: "Hello Damon, I wish you a Merry Christmas" Let's get as many people as possible to wish him Merry Christmas through a message his his Face Book page. NO negativity or hatefulness. Simply a message of warm Christmas spirit. See if we can win him over with love for Christmas and our fellow man.
 
It would be terrific to get hundreds, thousands or more to wish him a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts