About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, August 13, 2012

Photoshop Disappearing Act At Boldt Castle

I have been having a busy Summer which includes photographing numerous weddings. The following photo came from a wedding two weeks ago at Boldt Castle on Heart Island in the St. Lawrence River at Alexandria Bay, NY. The castle is an interesting place to have a wedding, however, it is still open to the public while one's wedding is in progress. So passersby can appear in the background of your photos. In the old days of film it was a lot of trouble trying to get unwanted folks removed from your photos. Today it is no surprise that we can do it with the magic of Photoshop. It's still preferable to make a photo the way you want it as opposed to tinkering with it afterward in Photoshop. In this photo I simply used the clone tool to copy stones and flowers over the offending pedestrians.



On Wednesday I'll be doing a guitar recital at the Depauville library. The following is a promo piece I created for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts