About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, August 6, 2012

Gary Walts Performs at Depauville Library




Classical guitarist Gary Walts to perform at the library Classical guitarist, Gary Walts will be playing at Depauville Free Library on Wednesday, August 15, beginning at noon. The lunchtime performance will be reminiscent of afternoons at Teaism, the Clayton vegetarian, outdoor cafĂ©, where Gary played weekly. Musical selections will include guitar etudes by Fernando Sor (1778-1839), Matteo Carcassi (1792-1853), Francisco Tarrega (1852-1909), and some modern classics by the Beatles. To evoke the ambiance of Teaism beyond the soothing sound of Gary Walts’ guitar, creamy cilantro soup and Moroccan mint iced tea will be served. Please call the Depauville Library at 686-3299 for reservations or further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts