About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wednesday I played a lunch time gig on the front lawn of the Jefferson County Historical Society in Watertown. In the evening I photographed a high school prom for the Post-Standard. Thursday I spent editing wedding photos and teaching guitar. Friday at 10:00AM I was interviewd by a local TV station about the Thousand Islands Art Center art show. I then edited more wedding photos. At 4:00 I went to the art show opening (in Clayton). I also played guitar at the opening from 5:00-7:00. Had a great time. One of my photos received an honorable mention. A second photo was purchased. NICE!. I got home and watched a Woody Allen movie with the Better Half.
Today (Saturday) I was up & at 'em at 6:30AM. I put in 2 hours of good guitar practice. Then I fineshed the wedding edit. Finished the edit. Ate a sandwhich. Loaded the van with lawn mower & weed eater. Went to the post office, went to bank, went to Home depot to buy extra line for the Ryobi weed eater. Went to my Franklin St apartment house & trimmed yard with the Ryobi. Then I mowed the lawn. Next, I did the same thing at my Clay St. apartment house. Also on Clay St I removed the back stairway windows & put the screens in. Then I delivered a disc of photos to Matt Doheny's campaign head quarters. He is running for congress here against Representative Bill Owens-D. Next it was a visit to my mothers for a beer. Then it was off to Wal-Mart, picked up some odds & ends. Among them were Cheerios & Planters honey roasted peanuts. I mix those two items together & keep them in car for a snack.
I needed photo paper & ink for my Epson R300 printer so I went to Best Buy. I have been buying Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper, high gloss, at that store for a couple of years. I go in and ... none of that paper. In fact they had very little paper in stock over all. Well, I went to Sam's Club which is where I have been buying printer ink for quite a few years. I picked up a box of photo paper there also, but it was a brand I had never heard of or tried.  The brand is RoyalBrites premium photo paper Brillain Gloss. 75  8.5x11inch sheets for $12.00
I got home around 6:00. Began printing proof sheets of the wedding photos. Now it's 9:00 & I'm going to watch a movie with the Better half.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts