About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Great American Road Trip

Well, the Sun is shining and it is 62 degrees here in Chaumont, NY. A good day to begin a drive. I am meeting up with my brother R, my Celebrity brother and my nephew to begin a Great American Road Trip. We are bound for Orlando Florida for Celebrity's daughters wedding.
I was stopped at a traffic light in Syracuse when I leaned out the window and snapped this photo. Photo copyright Gary Walts 2012  
Going to Oralndo in July isn't exactly my first choice for a Summer road trip, but it is what it is. Also, there is a lot of ugly weather going on down that way. Tropical storm Debby has been pouring a lot of rain in the region. So, the drive will start out nice here, we most certainly will encounter inclement weather.

We are renting a Chevy HHR from Enterprise car rental for the drive. We were supposed to pick it up at 7:30 this morning, however, they called and said they had no cars available. They would be arriving sometime in mid morning.  Well, that suits me because I needed to make some final preps. I made some meatloaf sandwhiches, packed a cooler with some odds & ends, and am writing this quick blog entry. I'll try to post regularly during the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts