About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Muskie Fishing, Greg Lago, Winged Bull Studio, Woody Allen


What do muskie Fishing, Greg Lago, Winged Bull Studio, and Woody Allen have in common? They were all a part of my day today.
I got up this morning at 6:00AM. It was 20 degrees F outside. A heavy frost on the ground. At 7:45 I was in Clayton NY to photograph a muskie fishing guide trolling for that species of fish on the St. Lawrence River. By 10:00AM I was back on shore in that same riverside village which is home to the Winged Bull Studio. The owner & proprietor is the legendary artist & wood engraver Greg Lago. The photos displayed here were all taken there this morning. I simply cannot visit Greg in his studio without making some snaps. The establishment is a visual feast to my ever hungry eyes. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! I cannot control myself.


From there I made my way to my apartment house on Franklin Street in Watertown, NY. There I joined my brothers R & Celebrity A where we have been replacing the roof. It has been a fairly big job. We should be done in a few more days. I worked there from 1:00 until 5:00. I was back home in Chaumont bt 6:00. Then it was a quick bite to eat and the Better Half & I settled in to watch the second half of a Woody Allen documentary that aired on PBS last night (Monday). We taped it so as to view it this evening. The W.A. documentary was most excellent, especially since I am a W.A. fan. It was also accompanied with some nice Cabernet Sauvigon and guacamloe & chips. Over all, a terrific day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts