About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Garage Roof Repair




The last few days have been really nice here in the North Country, not far from the Canadian border. The garage at my house on Franklin St in Watertown is in rough shape. It was so when I bought the place a few years ago. Badly in need of a new roof I finally went at it this week. I am simply applying a tin roof directly over the old shingle roof. One spot in the roof was so bad that I fell through it with one leg. For whatever reason, it was the only spot that was that bad. I was able to walk safely over the rest of surface. The rotten spot was six inches by 24 inches. In other words, one of the roofing boards had rotted out between the rafters.



I used a metal cutting blade on a Makita skill saw to cut the tin. Cutting the tin is potentially dangerous and is NOISY! So I use ear plugs and safety glasses. The safety glasses also double as sun glasses. $14.00 at Ace Hardware store. A photographer MUST protect his eyes.

2 comments:

  1. The garage looks badly damaged, and it seems to be in need of a lot of repairs. Do you plan to do all the repairs yourself? It's a tough job to do all that alone. Please post some pictures to update us on your project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it end of July & I just dicovered your comment. I was going to tear the garage down, but that was an epensive proposition. For now it is stabalized & I am not sure just what I will do. Things are looking a bit better financially, so maybe I can get it back into good condition.

    ReplyDelete

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts