About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Red Wine Bubbles



Simply put, I am burned out on a few things. Thus, the less frequent blog postings. Usually it is the morning that is best for me posting something. The next best time is late in the evening. The problem with that is I am tired enough to to say the Hell with it. I started this blog at the same time I started my facebook account a little more than a year ago. My goal was to post something every day for a year. I didn't make that goal, but came close. However, now that the year has been up I have been giving myself a break from it. But now I see that I had better get back in gear, especially with the Facebook thing. I have been getting some notice there. My goal is to keep people aware of the fact that I am a photographer for hire. To keep myself in the forefront of their minds when the topic of photography comes up. So, it all eventually turns into work or an obligation. That's not a bad thing. It keeps one on one's toes, always on the prowl, always ready to grab that next photo. Anyhow, today I was determined to post SOME THING. I didn't know what. So I am drinking some wine and getting ready to abandon posting anything because the photos I have taken recently have not really been that interesting too me. I am sitting here at this computer perusing facebook and notice the row of bubbles that have formed on the perimeter of the wine glass. This is really a job for a macro lens, but alas, I don't have one for this camera. So I snap it with a 17-55mm zoom lens on a Nikon D300. Then I crop in a bit closer. It's not what I truly want, but it's OK. So I present it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts