About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunset Drive

Well, we have had several days in a row without rain. Tha's been nice. But it is still cool. This morning at 8:00am it was only 48 degrees. I finally have the garden planted. Tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans. They are in two small beds. Last year the deer repeatedly ate the plants and I had a small, alomost worthless harvest. This year the backyard is all fenced in. I am sure that in at leat two places the deer could leap the fence, but I'm assuming they will not bother. I think the deer are more opportunists and go for easy pickings. I'm hoping they haven't the ambition to leap the two shorter sections of the fence. Time will tell.


This photo was taken though the dirty windshield of my car as I was nearing the village of Chaumont at Sunset. I wasn't looking through the viewfinder. I was simply pointing it  and holding the shutter release button down. It was made with a Nikon D7000 with a 17-55mm lens. This photo is actually a composite of 2 photos. The main reason I did this was because the sun in the image containing the car at left was blown out. Overexposed.  So I copied & pasted the Sun from another frame into it. The Sun was still overexposed & blown out, but not as much as the first image.

These are the two photos I composited to get the one shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts