About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Self Portrait & Gardening

Taking time out for a quick post. It is warm, Sunny, humid here in Cahumont, NY. 70 degreesF. I am finally digging up my garden beds to put in some tomato plants. I will also plat some Kentucky Wonder pole beans and cucmbers. That's pretty much it. I don't have a lot of space in the backyard for a garden and what I do have is rather shady. Tomatoes like more Sun, I think. However, some years we have a LOT of tomatoes. Last years crop was disastrous because so many deer came in an ate everything. This year the back yard is all fenced in. That does not mean the dear cannot or will not jump the fence, but I suspect they will not bother. We will see.
Self portrait while waiting for something to happen at an NAACP banquet.
The photo here is a self portrait. It seems thah whenevewr I'm on a job and have some idled time to kill, and there is a mirror in the area, I snap a shot of my reflection. In this instance I was photographing and awards banquet for the NAACP in Syracuse, NY. I arrived early. I introduced myself, got an idea about the evenings events, and then  waited for people to arrive. So, with a bit of time on my hands, I experimented and ended up with this self portrait.



"Music isn't just learning notes and playing them, You learn notes to play to the music of your soul." ~ Katie Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts