About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, May 14, 2011

All My Loving: Video Test

OK. Today I am uploading a video to this blog. Something I've not done before. I have LINKED to videos on Youtube, but never uploaded one directly. I recorded this video with a Nikon D7000 camera. I then added a text frame to thye opening using Sony video editing software called Vegas. The company I work for installed Vegas on our laptops and tonight I was simply playing around with it, trying to get familiar with some of it's features. So, it's me playing All My Loving by the Beatles, arranged by Australian guitarist Joe Washington. The audio as recorded by the camera was too "hot" and became blown out a bit. I couldn't figure out how to clean it up with the video software. There's also a minor flub while I played the piece, but I wasn't interested in trying for a perfect take. So it is here, warts & all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts