About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, August 13, 2022

Will Salisbury, the Man of Steel From Omar Passes Away at Age 72

The late Will Salisbury with his dog at his home in Omar, NY. I snapped this photo in January 2022

"Will, my friend, my inspiration, my heart is simply breaking. You were one of a kind. My life was enhanced after meeting you, and I can’t say that about very many people. With all the love my heart can pour I wish you an eternity of creativity and peace."

Those were the words that came to me upon hearing the news of North Country legend Will Salisbury, artist,  passing away at his home on Grindstone Island in the St. Lawrence River, Jefferson County, NY. He was 72.  He died on Wednesday, August 10, 2022. 

I wrote that to him on his Facebook page Thursday the 11th.  Since then my post seems to have disappeared. 

There is a short list of people whom I have met in life that have had a big impact upon me. Most of them don't know it because I have never told them. Will was one of them.

The initials of  the others are: BG, MH, BM, RS, GL, CD. I need to let these people know how my life was changed for the better because of them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts