About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, July 16, 2022

It's a Beautiful Summer Here In Northern NY 2022

A classic Summer sky at the home I grew up in,  in Calcium, NY Now owned by my Celebrity Brother.


The Summer of 2022 here in Northern NY so far has been absolutely beautiful. There has been little rain, (in fact we could use more) the days have been mostly sunny with blue skies displaying classic cloud formations. Humidity has been low, only 3 or 4 days I can recall where the humidity has been uncomfortable. Most daytime temperatures below 80 accompanied by gentle breezes. Some days stronger winds that I enjoy a lot. Evenings in the yard of our Chaumont, NY home have seen great displays of fireflys (or some call them lightning bugs). I'm reminded of the lyrics to the song Camelot: "In short there's simply not, a more congenial spot, for happy ever aftering than here in Camelot". 

 Richard Burton sings Camelot in 1978

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts