About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, May 6, 2019

Busy day today and old Tri-X negative copied with Sony a6000 camera

Monday, May 6, 2019

Had a terrible nights sleep last night.Truly lucky if I got a solid 4 hours. Sometimes that happens. Very little guitar practice this morning. However I had a productive day. I worked quite awhile cleaning the garage. It is packed with about 30 years worth of disorganized stuff ranging from personal memorabilia to a variety of odds and ends gathered for various art projects that never got off the ground and it's doubtful they will. Anyhow, I carted off a load of scrap metal, old books, and other stuff to the recycling center. Then I went Walmart and picked up a couple of items to make guacamole. Then I changed the oil in the Better Half's 2011 Kia Sedona van. after that I mowed the lawn. Then I sat on the porch and drank a beer. It hit 71 degrees today and mostly sunny so it was wonderful. Oddly though, I didn't snap any photos today.

One of my first attempts at digitizing my black & white negatives with a Sony a6000 camera. It appears to be a satisfactory alternative to using a film scanner. More testing and experimenting needed to confirm. 


The photo posted  I snapped in April or May of 1977. My ex brother-in-law RC is at left, my brother Dale at right. This photo was made with Kodak Tri-X black & white film and a Minolta SRT 101 camera. A couple days ago I copied the negative with my Sony a6000 camera fitted with a Minolta 50mm f2.8 auto focus macro lens. I converted it to a positive with Adobe PhotoShop. It is an alternative to digitizing film images with a film scanner. Something I've been wanting experiment with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts