About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Thursday, April 25, 2019

Road Trip April 2019 Day 1: we stop at Damon's Grill in Hazelton PA

We arrive at Damon's Grill in Hazelton PA after a rainy drive from Watertown, NY. The service was poor and the meal among one of the worst we have ever had on the road.
April 12, 2019, the Better Half & I embark on a road trip with a few destinations in mind. Damon's Grill in Hazelton PA was not among them. We didn't realize it was a chain restaurant until we arrived. Normally we like to go to locally owned places. It was after 6:00, we were hungry and having never visited this chain we stopped to try it out. The service was poor and the meal among the worst we ever had. The waitress was very friendly however. I ordered half a rack of ribs with baked beans and garlic mashed potatoes. Our food arrived without any silverware. Te waitress apologized and returned shortly with the utensils. Th ribs tasted ok, nothing original about them. They were not very meaty and I could have eaten a whole rack. Then again, they were baby back ribs, so they aren't particularly meaty to begin with.Our server put the plate in front of me with the ribs & mashed potatoes and proclaimed, "Be careful, the plate is really hot." That always tells me the food was microwaved. Well, the ribs were hot enough but the potatoes were so Luke warm the soft butter I put on them didn't even melt! In fact, some bites were actually cool, almost cold. And the flavor of them was bland. I thought the beans were coming in a seperate dish. But when they didn't arrive I had to leave my seat and walk around to find our waitress. The beans were nothing special either. Obviously just came out of a can. The Better Half ordered a Patty Melt burger and fries that was unimpressive. In fact she ate half of it.took half with her to go but ultimately discarded it. Summary: Food was bland, microwaved to create a very hotplate with Luke warm to room temperature potatoes. Served without utensils, had to flag the waitress down to get that. Beans arrived only after I left my seat to search for the server to let her know they were never brought to our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts