About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Saturday, September 29, 2018

september 28, 2018 Cleaned wood stove, PlutoTV,

Had a productive day today. Up at 6:30 and put in 2 hours of guitar practice. breakfast was a salami & Swiss cheese sandwich on rye bread with a sliced avocado. I then set about cleaning the flue pipe and chimney of the wood stove. In the course of that I discovered the chimney cap came loose and was ready to fall off. I cannot understand why that came loose unless it was from something the roofers did earlier this summer.  I have 32 foot fiber glass ladder I used to reach the top of the chimney. That ladder weighs 75 pounds and is bulky, clumsy to maneuver. It's a work out at this age just to get it in place. But what a terrific ladder! It's worth every penny I paid for it which was about $300.00 a number of years ago.
After that I resumed work on the front porch. That has been an ongoing project this summer. On this day I replaced a few pieces of decayed wood on the roof and patched it with some tin. A week from now I'll paint the roof and no one will ever know there had been a repair made. Anyway, the took me until 6:15pm. I cleaned up from that and went to the Crescent Restaurant in Chaumont with the Better Half. She had a burger with fries. I had a special they called cottage pie, a shepherd's pie variant. It was very good but rather small portion. She had a cranberry juice & vodka, I had couple of IPA beers.  The tab came to $35.00 and change.
When we got home I stumbled upon a 1995 movie title The Professional. It was on Roku's Pluto TV channel. It was not a great movie, but entertaining. Somewhat far fetched. a drug dealer, crooked cops, hit man flick with a lot of shoot 'em up going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts