About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Monday, September 4, 2017

Sunset photo made with SONY a6000 camera and 500mm Minolta AF lens

Sunset, Chaumont, NY. Sony a6000 camera, Minolta 500mm f8 mirror lens iso3200, 1/250th sec. f8  photo by Gary Walts


I snapped this sunset photo in Chaumont, NY a few days ago. I took it with a SONY a6000 camera and a Minolta 500mm f8 auto focus mirror lens. I have owned the lens for many years. It is one of a number of great AF lenses  I have for my Minolta AF film cameras. Since the digital era arrived I had not used any of those lenses. The company I worked for provided me with digital Nikon cameras & lenses so I never bothered with getting a Minolta or SONY digital body that would accommodate those lenses.

Sony makes 2 lines of cameras. One uses the Minolta lens mount so that all the old Minolta AF ;geneses can be used with them. The there series of cameras utilize Sony's E mount lenses. I have been torn about which camera to buy. I settled on the Sony a6000 E mount camera. I got a terrific buy on it. With it I purchased the LA-EA4 adapter that allows the use of the Minolta lenses on the E mount cameras. That is what I used to attach the 500mm lens to the a6000. I have been having pretty good results with it.

2 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts