About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, March 29, 2015

I photograph a wedding reception for Donald Moe Hunt in Watertown, NY

This afternoon I photographed a wedding reception for Moe Hunt's grand son. Moe is a legendary SCUBA diver from Watertown, NY. He grew up with my father. I took diving lessons from Moe many years ago and went on a lot of diving adventures with him. Today he is 83 years old. He hired me cover the party today that was held at The Paddock Club. The photo presented here is of Moe. He was seated next to a fire place. The room was quite dimly lit. I used a Nikon D4s camera with a 70-200mm f2.8 lens. I set the ISO to 10,000.  For any of you that know what I am talking about, that is quite impressive.

Legendary scuba diver Donald "Moe" Hunt at his grand son's wedding reception.             photo by Gary Walts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts