About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, June 13, 2014

Fernando Sor étude # 17 from Segovia's 20 Sor Studies

Part of this morning's guitar practice consisted of playing this chord progression from Fernando Sor étude number 17 100 times with a metronome. The number 17 refers to the piece as published  In Andres Segovia's book and not Sor's actual opus number.

The progression is not difficult but requires quick shifting and positioning of the fingers. I tend to get lazy and thus is one of those spots where I have been sloppy in playing the piece. I should also mention that I practice such things in sets. I will do the progression five or 10 times in a row and then pause for a short bit before doing the next set of five or 10. It is much the same way as a weight lifter practices in sets to gradually build up strength, endurance and accuracy. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts