About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013 Clayton Christmas Parade


The 51st annual Clayton Christmas Parade, 2013
I present here a selection of photos from the Clayton Christmas Parade.

Friday night I photographed two basketball games, had some software issues while editing the photos and ended up getting home and to bed late: 2:00AM. Yikes! Anyhow, I slept lousy and got up yesterday  at 8:30. Not enough sleep. I went into town and did my guitar lessons. Then in the evening we went to the Christmas Parade in Clayton. This was the village's 51st annual Xmas parade. The Better Half's number one daughter and her family met us there. It was really cold with a strong wind blowing in off the river. (the St. Lawrence).
The parade began about 6:15. We got into the village about 5:00 so as to get some street parking on the parade route. That way if we got too cold we could get into the car for a warm up. We met up at Coyote Moon Winery store on Riverside Drive where we passed the time drinking a bottle of their wine until the parade started.. While we did that the kids went down the street to get some  kid friendly beverages. It all worked out well, we got really cold, watched some of the parade from the KIA van, then watched the fireworks from a vantage point outside the van on Riverside Drive.










The evening finished off with fireworks over the business district in Clayton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts