About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, August 2, 2013

Praski cookies, Macedonian peach cookies


Today I went to St. George Church in Syracuse to photograph the start of thei Macedonian festiva. I was photographing it for The Post-Standard and syracuse.com. Of interest was a woman making Praski, which are Macedonian cookies decorated to look like peaches.
They are quite colorful.
Woman making "peach cookies" at St. George's Macedonian festival in Syracuse, NY. Photographed by Gary Walts for syracuse.com and The Post Standard.

Praski, cookies decorated to look like peaches, at St. George's Macedonian festival in Syracuse, NY. Photographed by Gary Walts for syracuse.com and The Post Standard.


This link takes you to a gallery of other photos from the event posted on syracuse.com
 http://photos.syracuse.com/4456/gallery/st_georges_macedonian_festival/index.html#/0

You can also view a video I made at the event by clicking on the link:

http://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2013/08/st_georges_macedonian_festival.html


2 comments:

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts