About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jerry Garcia necktie collection

I wore a new tie while playing a wedding reception today. It is from the Jerry Garcia necktie collection. Very colorful. I got a lot of compliments on it. Garcia was a guitarist for the band Grateful Dead.

I bought it at Kohls. This particular tie was the only one of it's design and for some reason I do not know, was marked down to $11.00 The photo below shows it and another one that I bought at Kohls. I paid $21.00 for the second one. The Jerry Garcia ties on display had a list price of $38.00. Anyhow, they are beautiful ties.

Two neckties from the Jerry Garcia collection.

The wedding I was playing at was on Wellsley Island in the Thousand Islands. It was a fun event, on the small side, about 30 people or so. Over all I was pleased with how I did. However, I really botched up Bach's prelude from the first cello suites. I have played it for years and is probably my all time favorite piece, but for what ever reason, I began to play it and I don't know where it went. Not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts