About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flying With The Red Baron



This is a photo I took of the Red Baron Pizza stunt planes flying over Lake Neatahwanta in Fulton. The pilots of these planes sit in the rear seat, behind the passenger. I was a passenger in the plane at left. The planes have open cockpits so we were exposed to strong wind and G forces. So to get this photo I had to hold the camera over my head, pointed behind me while exerting a lot of strength to fight those wind & G forces. Unable to look through the view finder I just pressed the shutter release and moved the camera around hoping for the best. The photo here was the best of the trip. We photographers call these "Hail Mary" shots because you just have to pray you get something usable. This was also in 1998 so it was shot on film. No way to preview the results like we do today with digital cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts