About this blog title

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at events with a couple of cameras around my neck, a gadget bag full of odds & ends and a lighting kit and have been asked that question. If it happened once every few years, that would be one thing. But it happens a LOT. It's like getting pulled over by the police and he's standing there with uniform, gun, flashing lights and asking him "Are you a cop?" I would love to come back with a witty reply, such as "No, I am Jesus. Don't you recognize my beard?" However, I cannot be that rude.


Friday, August 26, 2011

No More Teaism?


This photo of me was taken by Kris Marsala while I was playing at the recent Arts Festival in Watertown, NY. Thanks for the photo Kris.
For the past three Summers I have been playing guitar during the Wwednesday or Thursday lunch hour at Teaism in Clayton, NY. Alas, I guess it has come to an end. This Summer the culinary artist and driving force behind Teaism, Karen Lago, has taken a job that has evidently left her with too little time to maintain the business.
It's truly sad for me. Playing there once a week has been one of the greatest pleasures I've had. It was like a refuge. A place for me to escape from my own hectic life and hassels. It was a place where I could try out new pieces of music and fumble them up without worrying about it. I would sip on wine, play my music, and it was simply wonderful. It's going to be hard to find a way to replace that in my life. Or will it? We shall see.


"Young people can learn from my example that something can come from nothing. What I have become is the result of my hard efforts." -Franz Joseph Haydn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leav comments and suggestions about this blog and how I maght improve it. Thanks, Gary Walts